Skip To Content
    • Home
    • 22033
    • Fairfax City Looks At The Types Of Homes It Offers

    Fairfax City Looks At The Types Of Homes It Offers

    In order to better plan for Fairfax City’s future, City Council recently received a detailed update on the housing picture. Making the presentation during a work session was Senior Planner Eric Forman. With a City population of about 25,000, some 70 percent of the residents own their homes; the other 30 percent rent them. And currently, Fairfax has 1,100 housing units approved or under construction.

    A snapshot of the variety of housing types available in Fairfax City.

    According to The Connection Newspapers, “Since our last housing assessment, around 2014, the City has approved 2,000 more units to our housing stock,” said Forman. “Of our 9,516 housing units, about 5,200 are detached or duplex homes. Over one-third are multifamily units – two-thirds of which are apartments.” However, he added, “A big part of our story isn’t just what type of homes we have, but when they were built. About three-fourths of the City’s current stock of detached/duplex units were built in the 1950s and ’60s. Just 3 percent were built from 2010 through 2020.”

    As per The Connection Newspapers, “FAIRFAX’S FIRST TOWNHOUSES were built in the late 1960s – and then not again for 10 years. And the number of townhouses constructed in the last decade represents 17 percent of the whole, or about 220. “Since 2014, the City has added over 1,000 multifamily units, including Scout on the Circle and the Kamp Washington apartments,” said Forman. “And they’re 29 percent of the City’s multifamily housing stock. The bulk of the detached homes are in the $400,000, $500,000 and $600,000 range in assessed value. And many of our homes have been occupied by the same people for 30 or more years.”

    Properties in The City of Fairfax

    10927 Fairchester Dr

    [$595,000, Fairfax, VA 22030]

    10470 Breckinridge Ln

    [$746,000, Fairfax, VA 22030]

    4107 Lexington Ct

    [$399,000, Fairfax, VA 22030]

    3460 Barristers Keepe Cir

    [$895,000, Fairfax, VA 22031]

    4105 Addison Rd

    [$1,199,000, Fairfax, VA 22030]

    10428 Breckinridge Ln

    [$799,800, Fairfax, VA 22030]

    9481 Fairfax Blvd #304

    [$189,900, Fairfax, VA 22031]

    10835 Warwick Ave

    [$594,500, Fairfax, VA 22030]

    9447 Fairfax Blvd #202

    [$225,000, Fairfax, VA 22031]

    The post Fairfax City Looks At The Types Of Homes It Offers appeared first on Nesbitt Realty & Property Management.

    Comments are closed.